PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2017, 03:50
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you signed in the cerification in the lame column for aircraft maintenance for a service.
Yes / no
Have you singed a category certification after maintenance.
Yes / no
Have you signed and issue a M/R for an aircraft after maintenance.
Yes / no
Have you held a lame lic in Australia
Yes / no
Are you legal to do any maintenance out side shed 8 and out side the scope of a 2nd inspection of flight controls
Yes / no
Conner Rod,
The answer to all of the above is that the answers are irrelevant to the discussion in hand --- if, as we are expected to believe, you are a LAME, I have a couple of questions for you:

A lawyer, whether employed by CASA or other wise, is not qualified to write an opinion on aviation law if it relates to maintenance, unless they are a LAME.
Yes/No

No other person is qualified to speak on aviation law if it relates to maintenance unless they are a LAME.
Yes/No.

In short, your argument above is specious and invalid. Ask a lawyer what "jus publicum privatorum pactis mutari non potest" means.

The aviation law is what it is, not what you think it is, or what you or anybody else would like it to be.

Tootle pip!!

PS 1: As it happens, the answer to two ( and probably three) of your questions may surprise you, it is YES --- as, along with many other non-LAMEs, I have had specific maintenance approvals to do what would have otherwise required a LAME or approved person with appropriate qualifications.

PS 2: Does a Maintenance Controller have to be a LAME?

PS 3: There is no contradiction in an AWB containing an acceptable means of compliance, any more than a CAAP or AC, but you still have the flexibility of having an alternative means of compliance negotiated with CASA. But none of the three is L-A-W. This very simple concept seems to be a mystery to you. And yes, I do know the legal status of an S/B or so called MSB, including the latest FAA legal determinations of their status, which has had a significant impact on Cessna's approach to such matters, do you??

Last edited by LeadSled; 25th Nov 2017 at 04:10. Reason: PS2/3 added