PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of 100 hourly's
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 17:54
Connedrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
Progressive,
A comment about "servicing", so helpfully brought to our attention by CASA persons re. Schedule 8.
There is no such thing as "servicing" in Australia, just maintenance.
Doing a daily inspection is "maintenance".
Checking the oil is "maintenance". Adding fuel is "maintenance", and so it goes on.

AND --- all "maintenance" must be conducted to approved data.

Many of us have argued, long and loud, that "servicing" should be as per the FAA, which is what you are quoting, and what we had in draft regulations (Part 91/135 and 43) in 1999.

Thus, as the windscreen washing does not form part of the Manufacturer's Instruction for Continuing Airworthiness (not Servicing) there is no approved data.

This is where the ratbag Australian approach to mindless "compliance" trumps common sense, commons sense being a very uncommon commodity in Australian aviation regulation. But, of course, CASA will not even accept that the AFM, by whatever name, forms part of the certifications of an aircraft, and regularly purports to direct operators to diverge greatly from POH/AFM procedures.

If one or more manufacturer (it has always been in most FAR 25 aircraft MM) has now put said "approved data" in the MM of FAR 23 aircraft, as opposed to servicing, that is good, because it remove one item of harassment.

Tootle Pip!!

PS: Re. Jacking, way back I was only quoting the CASA "interpretation" as per the traveling roadshows, of Schedule 8, to point out the absurdities of CASA interpretations, not my reading of Schedule 8, but Conned Rod seems to have have ongoing problems with the written word.

The written word is very clear.
The main problem is
Awi a says 1
Awi b says 2
Awi c says 3
Awi d says 1
Awi e says 2

Ive had aduit meeting were this has happened at the same table at the same time in the same room.

Gerry ill give you this.
At least you are consistent. You never place anything on this fourm that is of any value at all. Your like a little yap yap dog that just has a winny bark and never shuts the f#@& up.

As ive said before i live this day in day out. One would think that if i had a problem it would have shown its self up by now.

Pilots are consistent in that you cant tell them anything.
Toot toot