PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF KHORMAKSAR
Thread: RAF KHORMAKSAR
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 16:35
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the morning of 01.04.67 the heavens opened and Aden got deluged like it had not been deluged upon before in living memory. Those of us who lived down town could not got home due to the subsequent floods until late afternoon. (I have already posted several photos of the effects that the floods had on the Jungle Bar).

In the coming days all sorts of gruesome stories started to emerge about some of the effects that the downpour had produced. It was said that one of the local cemeteries was awash with skeletons and another that a missing person had been found face-down in the municipal reservoir.

However, to me the most amazing thing was that after a few days, Shamsan started going green. I would have thought that to be impossible but there it was for all to see. To think that those seeds had been lurking around those barren rocks for God knows how long just waiting for a downpour boggled my mind somewhat.

Of course, the brave little plants did not last long in the searing heat and the green coating had gone within the week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Green Shamsan 2.jpg (197.4 KB, 112 views)