PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKAOA -losing the plot?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 11:42
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh Natca .... You must be one one of the GC members I voted for.

We are a union, we are allowed to fight back. Some random thoughts.

- The only way the Company could force this through is to terminate all our contracts and offer us new ones in 3 months time.
- Did you see the recent reaction in the SCMP to Motion 1. How do you think the travelling public will react to the news that in 3 months Cathay may have no pilots because they just terminated all our contracts?
- Yep, I know you will wet your gusset and waddle upstairs surrounded by a leaking pool of p!ss and sign whatever's put in front of you, however some of us might just go "poker face" for 3 months.
- Within the group who go "poker face", there might be a small bunch slightly more endowned in the trouser department, who would fight for 20% of their earnings and their homes.
- I have no evidence to support this, but in the "post German-Wings" world, do think the aircraft insurers are going to be happy with a bunch of "sacked" pilots flying around the skies for 3 months on their liability? I know in the IT world, you cannot touch a company computer once your contract is terminated, do you think it's "best practice" that we get to handle $250m aircraft for 3 months?

But then again, mustn't upset the company, that gets us nowhere...... collaboration has been so successful.