PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 06:36
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
----- they have cleaned up their act and canned coal power stations left right and centre.
Folks, that statement truly fits the PR Imperative: "The truth, nothing but the truth, but not the whole truth".

It is quite correct that P.R.China is getting rid of "old technology" coal fired power stations, and their attendant output of solid pollutants, as well as various gasses.

However, they are being replaced, in terms of capacity, by about 2:1 with latest tec. coal fired, with about a 40% less CO2 output per Kw/H. The planned percentage of the total, from coal, is planned to increase. The total coal consumption is planned to increase.

In terms of numbers, 299 new coal fire power stations are the last numbers I saw, and I have personally been to one site, all coal, which has a greater output than all the coal fired generators in Australia, combined.

It is cunningly top secret, hidden from Greens gaze on Google Earth, Wuwei, north west China. But don't let on I told you.

Net, P.R.China is increasing coal fired output, as it is increasing nuclear generation, and renewable, all sources, or, put another way, P.R.China is massively increasing output from all sources, with 100% "dispatchable" reliability a given in the planning and execution.

P.R.China has no plans to play Russian roulette with industry and commerce over reliable and affordable power supplies.

P.R.China's "commitment to Paris" is precisely zero, nil, naught until 2030, then a "promise" to reconsider.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Given the massive research programs, I would not be surprised if P.R.China cracks "fusion" and builds the first industrial scale fusion reactor generation, likewise the first practical thorium reactor generators.

Last edited by LeadSled; 24th Nov 2017 at 06:46.