PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 23:46
Positive Gees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reference to your post. Its helpful to have discussion around specifics. After my stint I was unable to accurately put my finger on the reason why I wasn't gelling with the G2. All in all a fabulous aircraft and Your info has left me better prepared should i consider another go. Regarding the R22, it's good to see the debate take place. We are fortunate to have a very high time old..er !!! R22 instructor in our town who a few moons ago cut his teeth in the venison trade in new zealand finishing on sky cranes in Asia and Europe. He was instrumental in introducing the R22 to the venison industry and it is rumoured that Frank himself visited nz to witness this pilot slinging venison underneath his beloved 2seat trainer. Throughout my PPL / CPL training with him i do not recall any uncomfortable experiences or find him hovering over the controls in anticipation. Maybe my preference for the 22 is due to a positive training environment from a competent instructor. Interestingly. He now instructs in the G2 also, and loves it.