PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Schools Excluding South Africa - North of the Limpopo
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 14:02
rcsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Igundwane

Basically, Ex Zim's been living in Mud Island for Wayyyyyy to many years now and have got to the point where I am not only fed up with life here, but working in IT is slowly driving me insane. Time to add another options to my life and getting my PPL licence is the first step in that. I have already been putting in a few hours on CCM ( which honestly is my first love ) ... yes yes I hear you groan, but man, its magic
Well talk to Craig at Charles Prince, if I were you after this last week Zim could be a fun place to be, and Craig and his team are proper pros. If you're an ex-Zim I guess you may have mates/family still there who can give you a place to stay and maybe lend you a truck to get around. If you start in May, after the rains, you'll have five months of relatively stable weather to learn in.

I did my PPL at FVCP many years ago (at Pegasus, now relocated to Lanseria). It's a quiet field, not too much traffic in the pattern, helpful local fixers who can run paperwork over to Harare main etc etc