PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of 100 hourly's
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 13:36
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you where part of all of this before you were removed. One wonders why this was.
Conned Rod,
Again, what on earth are you talking about??
I have never been "REMOVED" from anything, aviation-wise.

Neither, you dopey person, have I suggested that no regulation is required, only that Australian aviation is grossly over-regulated, compared to any comparable country, that CASA seeks to micro-manage the whole aviation sector, and this is a very major factor in the parlous, approaching terminal state of GA in Australia, compared to any comparable country.

And no good for aviation safety outcomes, I suppose some of you have noticed that last year was the best ever, in US, for aviation safety outcomes, and embarrassingly better than Australia.

You still haven't answered my question about AOPA and ADs, and what "200% si" is??

Bend a lot,
I am aware of what you refer to, but I have never seen a stipulated training course of any kind, to carry out Schedule 8 maintenance. And I listen to the rumblings of various CASA persons from time to time. I am NOT referring to any aircraft maintained under 42ZC(4)(e) home built, to use an inaccurate term. That particular "training course" is, in my opinion, almost a waste of time, and includes entirely irrelevant material, but it is a "nice little earner".

The current relevant CAAP for Schedule 8 only has general remarks, no reference to mandatory training or certified competency levels.

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that Schedule 8 as at present (or its predecessors for may years --- in my case, since the early 1960s) has ever represented any elevated risk, compared with not having it, and should, therefor, be made more difficult.

I am not aware of any "CASA Approved" syllabus and process, and, quite frankly, any LAME who signed his name to anything that, in any way, suggests he has determined and approved a satisfactory level of competency for a person whose only formal qualification is he or she is a class person entitled to do Schedule 8 maintenance, that would be putting his head on the chopping block, in terms of potential liability.

And the "jacking" matter and similar have been around far longer than AMROBA.

Tootle Pip!!

PS: I do remember a very impassioned plea, from a ranking executive member of ALAEA, at a CASA Maintenance Standards meeting in Canberra, that no pilot should be allowed to perform any maintenance on any aircraft.
And would probably prefer they not fly them, either, just to be on the safe side, but he didn't actually say the latter.?

One statement he made was:
" I had to do a five year apprenticeship to change a spark plug".
My reply was:
"XXXX, in your case, I can understand that".

Last edited by LeadSled; 23rd Nov 2017 at 14:02.