PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKAOA -losing the plot?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 22:28
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busyb,

I haven't missed the point. I understand this applies to all members. I think you missed my comment about taking it to the extreme and I used the most extreme example I could think of....the company sacking the GC.

Those quoting the law are deluding themselves, nobody will be fired for Union Activities. They will be given three months pay in lieu of notice for "no particular reason", or "loss of confidence". That's why the HKAOA's proposal may look good, but is actually nonsense;

1. It will never trigger, because nobody will be fired for Union Activities; they will be fired for other "grey" stuff.
2. The HKAOA doesn't have the money to fund anything other than a handful of sackings. It's a hollow commitment.
3. It signals to the Company and your fellow members that we won't even go on strike if they fired our GC. Why then should they be scared of cutting Housing or not paying a fair HKPA Allowance.

Frankly, I am embarrassed by anyone promoting this as a step in the right direction. ....Union 101...

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 23rd Nov 2017 at 03:44.