PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition for Vortex Ring
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 20:19
fijdor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fijdor:
It seems TC and TC (get it: transport canada and thomas coupling) are singing from the same hymn sheet. Probably because they are not american
Are we all agreed now that you and others who say they have entered VRS several times - haven't really? It;s almost certainly IVRS.
TCoupling bare with me as you have probably noticed the English language is my second language, I am French Canadian.

No worries I see your point. Also I realized last night that there are no confusion in what VRS actually is or what it can do to you or how to recognize the first signs of it or confusion on how get out of it. The confusion/misunderstanding here is in the word itself.
Now let see if you will see my point. The text from TC pasted earlier says "incipient" you are right, but nowhere in any books or anywhere else during your initial training or annual training do they use IVRS. For us here in Canada the term incipient means you are at the beginning , first stage, the start of VRS. We have no separate or different terms to describe the different stages or the evolution of the condition from its beginning/early stage to its fully developed condition.
That you are in it at the beginning or at the end coming down 25,000ft a second it is still only called VRS. First time I heard of IVRS is here on this forum. (earlier tread)
This winter when I start giving training and if I start using the term IVRS they will all look at me and say something like, Are you sure you want to wait another 2 years before retirement. lol Now if you say that before we can call it VRS, it has to be in its full development or solidly on its way there then that might take while to get implemented in this industry.
But again I see your point.

For SuperF, yes it is a lesson or exercise 26 and part of what a student pilot should learn to get his license. But I am not not an instructor and I am not up to speed with how they teach it. I am a training pilot and give annual company training to professional pilots on Mediums (205 nowadays) and also longLine training where VRS SWP are an important part of it. 205 are notorious to get into SWP on a hot and humide day when loaded. Most of the pilots here have a good understanding on the differences of the two conditions. I do have a way of explaining both conditions if needed.

JD