PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal Crash Tanzania Today 15 November
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 19:40
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm unaware of the current Costal Aviation CoS and their ability to retain talents. In the past Coastal was definitely able to attract some of the better "shaped" bush pilots around - with the influence and focus of both the former owner, Nicola (RIP) and even the Swedish lady, Anna. The CoS definitely used to be competitive for the segment and location. Obviously the current worldwide airline rise to the sky recruitment will help in draining some of the "younger" hour building pilots to leave earlier than it has been the case in the past, possibly resulting in management compromising in upgrades and recruitment - but this is speculations on my side. For sure there were, and possibly still is, some well qualified "hang arounds" that would not leave the company. I hope the best. Coastal Aviation used to be the only company, as such, that I myself would have sent (and did so) my family flying with - though this has obviously changed dramatically after the two latest accidents! Sad though.