PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF KHORMAKSAR
Thread: RAF KHORMAKSAR
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 15:08
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is a sequence taken by me of suspects rounded up after an incident and taken to the Aden Supply Depot. In the first shot the initial three gentlemen are being shown how to stand with their hands against the wall with their feet apart. In the last shot the assembled multitude are being loaded on to a Bedford 4-tonner presumably to be taken to Fort Morbat for a bit of a debrief.

One night there was a bang and the Cameronians spilled out and rapidly put up temporary road barriers. Out went our lights, I grabbed a couple of cold beers and we got up on to the bathroom windowsill. The lads have got the driver and the passengers from a taxi against the wall underneath the window. We can't see them but we can hear them. Now after a stop and search the detainees are invited to sign a form which states that they have been detained by the lawful authority and have now been released without any harm having been caused to them. This taxi driver, who could speak a bit of English, refused to sign so the Corporal was sent for. He could not succeed either so the Sergeant was sent for. He came out of the Depot and vanished out of sight underneath the window.

"Aye right. Whit's your f*****g case then Sabu"? This beautifully crafted piece of Glaswegian dialect made me smile just a little. We were not very politically correct in those days! Anyway, the Sergeant did not succeed either so the Officer was sent for. He came across the road beautifully turned out and wearing trews.

"What seems to be the trouble chaps"? This was delivered with a cut glass Oxford accent. However, it had the desired effect. The chit was signed and they all departed. Thinking back on it, I wonder if the taxi driver simply did not realise that the soldiers were speaking a strange version of English?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Arrests 3A.jpg (203.0 KB, 130 views)
Arrests 4A.jpg (195.2 KB, 127 views)
Arrests 5A.jpg (216.0 KB, 115 views)
Arrests 6A.jpg (195.9 KB, 127 views)
Arrests 7A.jpg (199.1 KB, 136 views)