PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 05:58
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally quoted by Chuboy

I don't see the relevance of the attached study,
The relevance is that steel can be made without coal thereby eliminating CO2 emissions. Coal lovers often say banning coal would take us back to the dark ages because they think steel can't be made without it BUT THEY'RE WRONG

As for cost, as with all new technology, that would drop considerably as the method matured.

Binghi says

chuboy, you've obviously never flown in Australia when there's bush fires and/or dust storms about..
I have. Unlike coal fired power stations which belch CO2 365 days of the year, dust storms and bushfires only occur here and there and only last a day or two.

Binghi says
Some thing else one would note if they have flown aircraft over Australian coal fired power stations is the only thing coming out the tower is steam.
Actually Binghi you can't see steam. It's invisible. Perhaps you're looking at water vapor.
Something else you can't see is CO2. Tons of it. 2.8 tons for every ton of coal burnt.
If you believe something is harmless just because it's invisible I really hope you don't run your car in a closed garage.