PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 05:24
haydnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyDr, I wrote you a longer PM but I cannot PM you. I'll pull out some points:

The regulation you are looking for is in CASA Schedule 5 of the CAR at paragraph 2.3:
2.3 A periodic inspection must be carried out on a private aircraft within the period of 1 year from:
(a) the day on which the aircraft’s current certificate of airworthiness was issued; or
(b) the day on which the most recent general maintenance inspection on the aircraft was completed;
whichever is the later.
That's it. Just make sure your log book statement doesn't say "12 months or 100 hours", Just 12 months.

Remeber CAR 41 says:
The holder of the certificate of registration for a class B aircraft must ensure that all maintenance required to be carried out on the aircraft (including any aircraft components from time to time included in or fitted to the aircraft) by the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is carried out when required by that schedule.
That makes YOU responsible for the maintenance of your aircraft, despite what the LAME may tell you. You can issue your own Log Book Statement on the relevant forms, despite what they tell you, this job does not belong to the engineer.

Remember the majority of Schedule 5 is a "shopping list" of inspections that apply to your aircraft, not so much an actual doing list (eg change this, change that). If you are happy to not have the aircraft "inspected" every 250 hours, that is your choice and in your legal right to do so. That is why there is a PRIVATE category.

Get hold of a copy of the maintenance manual for your aircraft. Try google. You will find some interesting things in the MM. It may even disagree with what your engineer has been telling you all this time. The Cessna SIDS document on 100 series Cessna's is a prime example.

Learn how to do the schedule 8 items yourself if that floats your boat. CASA like you to have been signed off by someone who is competent (a LAME).

Yes - AD's must be complied with, including AD ENG4 every 100 hours. These can be re forecast on the same MR for the next 100 hours.

Hope this helps,

Haydn