PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Export to FAA
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 21:16
wrench1

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Keep:
While I think I understand the point you're trying to make, something is missing from this conversation that I can't put my finger on.

I've been on the receiving end of a number of helicopters imported into the US and few airplane from Canada/SA. I've seen the paperwork. Granted it's been a few years but I doubt anything has changed... on this side.

So you have a used AS355F1 currently in the UK(?) that you want to export to the US?

Are you the owner/seller/agent of this aircraft?

Are you providing the Export C of A for this aircraft as part of a purchase agreement or do you plan to operate this aircraft in the US?

Who is providing the Export C of A services to complete this document?

Answer these and I'll send more questions.

The reason for the conformity statement is to ensure the aircraft meets the US Type Certificate (Type Design) import requirements and the aircraft has not been modified in the origin country(s). For example, the UK may legally allow adding a 4th M/R blade to an AS355F1, but there is no reciprocal method to approve that modification in the US.

And as a side note, there are a number of other requirements to import other than a C of A.

W1