PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways pension to close.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 20:26
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being born into a generation who had parents witness the two world wars and a depression with the social dislocation and destruction does help. People collectively were weary, they wanted an inclusive society, neighbourly a bit honourable and dare I say it, courteous. Cycles repeat.

To my mind we are approaching a correction of a magnitude that may dwarf the Great depression and sadly these cycles tend to repeat every four generations: People always repeat the same errors!

The feedback loop of consistent downward pressure on terms on conditions has an economic impact: globalisation left behind the worker.

Business now scratches its head as they have less demand for their product. Missing in their navel gazing is something Henry Ford summarised over 100 years ago (am paraphrasing)

'Unless I pay my workers enough to buy my cars, eventually I have no company.'

Effectively my income is someone else's spending, my spending someone else's income. Unless there is a new planet with opportunities for new markets, we ought realise the circularity of a society that generates an economy.Modern MBA and business management reduced everything to a unit of consumption or unit of cost. Economies and societies are not the same thing.