PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Export to FAA
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 17:59
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Keepitup,

The important point is you need an FAA C of A ultimately and you must comply with the requirements of their TCDS.

The French Government "Certificat de Navigabilite pour Exportation" endorsed as noted below -
a National Aviation Authority (NAA) Export Certificate of Airworthiness (Export C of A) signed by a representative of the
French Generale de l’Aviation Civile (DGAC) on behalf of the European Community. The Export C of A should contain the
following statement: “The aircraft covered by this certificate has been examined, tested, and found to comply with the
type design approved under U.S. Type Certificate Number H11EU and to be in a condition for safe operation.”
Note that the above statement says "should" so I would be asking the FAA about that. It could easily be a term that is now no longer relevant.

The original Export C of A when it was new stands for nothing now.

This aircraft is pre-EASA days and it is do with "State of Manufacture" and Production Certification and Conformity etc etc.

For me I would be talking to the FAA guy who is going to issue the FAA C of A.

EASA Form 27 looks to be pretty straightforward. I note that the bi-lateral agreement with EASA (UK) quotes -

Used aircraft conforming to an FAA-approved design, maintained in accordance with EASA Part 145 or Part M, as applicable, when accompanied by an EASA Form 27, Export Certificate of Airworthiness, or a U.K. Export Certificate of Airworthiness issued before
September 28, 2012. If relevant provisions of Part M are not yet implemented, the applicable maintenance requirements will be those of the U.K., and specified on the U.K. Export Certificate of Airworthiness or EASA Form 27.
I think someone may be reading too much into it.