PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 17:36
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I have a vested interest (and I'm bored on a domestic nightstop with it teeming down outside) I've had a quick skim over the results directly affecting my status and consequently pilot recruitment. My count shows circa 100 Heathrow Airbus F/O's (including the LCY Fleet) leaving the RHS off to either Long Haul or taking their Command in 2018. This does not include Gatwick F/O's; of which there are also at least 20 or so. So I would hazard a guess of circa 120 F/O's requiring replacement, before you get into the argument of appropriate crewing levels.

Part time will also come into play but, just at a quick glance, I haven't seen all that much aspirational part time being granted. Right to request will push the figures up but obviously we're not party to those figures.

Interestingly, there have been a significant number of Freeze Waivers this year. If the recruitment policy now going forward is to only recruit low hours cadets from CTC (L3) and the rest then that trend will only continue. A glimmer of hope for those of us waiting to escape Short Haul.

Last edited by RexBanner; 23rd Nov 2017 at 07:57. Reason: Additional time to have a skim over