PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 17:07
cumbrianboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this thread increasingly hard to read.

SEN complains when LTN or STN get new traffic and claim the mangement of SEN, or Stobart are incompetent, and seem to think it is perfectly reasonable to pass judgement on matters that are clearly not understood.

The fact is, SEN loses business to it's bigger competitors like LTN and STN. But, LTN and STN take second place to LHR and LGW. And then LHR and LGW will get ruffled when AMS and FRA take major business ... or Dubai or Doha etc. And so it goes on.

At the other end of the scale, I bet Norwich and Bournemouth raised an eyebrow when SEN got easyJet and so it goes on, and Lydd would probably love to be in the place of Norwich etc etc etc

The fact is, this is a highly complex and competitive businesses, and the level of negativity and naivety is wearing at times ... Business decisions are not taken based on whether the airport has a shiny new terminal and oodles of capacity, if it was then LTN would have been kicked into the long grass years ago, it's about markets and demand.

Personally I think SEN is doing rather well and is developing and will continue to do so. I have no idea who the mystery airline is, but sooner or later a new carrier will come in in a big way and that will be the next quantum leap,

In the meantime, it would be great to see less doom and gloom on here - after all, you never actually know who is reading it and where this negativity could end up