PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much for a PA 28 aircraft respray.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 12:13
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Had a quote done for a PA32 back in May,
$27,000+GST Hardware and maintenance additional!
Owner baulked at the cost......
Probably what you would expect to pay (at least) for a good job on a Warrior. And don't forget the cost of the windows. About another $5K or $6K I would have thought. Nothing worse than seeing a great paint job looking a tad lusterless because the original, old, ****ty windows weren't replaced at the time of the repaint. Not much change if any, left out of $35,000.

Anyone who has spent any time in an aircraft paint shop will attest to the fact that it's a tedious, boring, repetitive, tiresome job with a certain amount of toxicity attached to it. These days I need at least 3 months warning from the Mrs. to psyche myself up to paint something even as small as the knob on the ****house door, so I'll be more than happy to hand over the $35K (more probably) when its time for the strip and paint on the machine. By the way, you should get at least 20 years out of a quality paint job if the aircraft is hangared and you look after the paint/aircraft.

....have spoken to a couple of really good aircraft refinishers over the years. They both suggested that the aircraft they found the easiest to repaint and the one they preferred to do over and above the rest, were the later model 210's ('79 and up) without the gear doors. Easiest of the lot I was told.