PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R66 crash in Wikieup, Arizona, U.S.A., kills 2
Old 21st Nov 2017, 04:29
megan

Received 393 Likes on 208 Posts
you are not responding to the PM sent, so I ask it here
I'm soooo sorry that I haven't responded with the alacrity you seemingly demand.
You reckon I am telling lies about what was said in the court of enquiry
Where in Gods name do you get that notion from? It may have been said in the enquiry, but I'd like to see the evidence offered to the enquiry that the "B" had a propensity in this area. You did say, ""Oh yeah, those Bravos used to nose over quite often, we never worked out why." Whoever made that statement is talking rot IMHO. If the aircraft had a propensity for such Bell/US Army would have rung the bell loud and clear. The RAAF crews making the claim did report the fact through the airworthiness/safety channels as required one presumes? I'll talk to some RAAF Vietnam era pilots to see if there is anything to back the claim that it was an idea they held.
And why wasn't there a C of I into the CFIT of Buckshot 18?
For the answer to that question you'll have to ask the RAAF, we too would like to know, speaking as some one who knew the pilot when he was but a school boy. A reading of "The Thirteenth Night" by Jan McNess will give info. Too much egg on too many senior officers faces for errors in oversight could be one plausible reason (and certain politicians).