PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 02:51
JN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Harry,

I did FSP last month and was told pretty much the same things as sab2304 said. Nov/Dec FSP courses will be the last, and then it will all close up before restarting in March 2018 as ASP in East Sale. ASP will apparently involve one day of info sessions on various aviation careers and one day of simulator based testing. Then based on how well you go, you'll be invited back for an OSB on another day for a particular job.

Apparently, those who were recommended at FSP in 2017 will remain in the pool for one year as normal and then if you still haven't got an offer, you can do ASP. So 2017 FSPers are lucky in that they probably won't have to wait 3 years for a second chance!

I have heard that there will be intakes in Feb, March and April. Given that ASP only starts up in March, I'd say all those spots will come from those who did FSP in 2017. So, again, that is good for 2017 FSPers! I've heard that offers should start coming out in early December, but have no idea if all intakes will hear at the same time.

I know that the wait is hard, but hopefully we'll all know soon!