PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of 100 hourly's
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 02:50
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Connedrod,
Everything I have said about yellow metal valve caps means yellow metal valve caps, not valve inserts.

That you haven't read the Manufacturer's Instructions only means that you haven't read them, nothing more.

As for my remarks on CASA's interpretation of Schedule 8 maintenance, it is entirely consistent with CASA "educational" publications (CD and paper) outlining responsibilities and limitations when doing Schedule 8 maintenance, including the CASA presentations at the occasional CASA/Airservices "Aviation Safety" (whatever they are actually called) traveling roadshow, airshows and the like.

As to IFR and batteries, at all times I have been referring to Schedule 8 maintenance, not under any other Schedule. The issue of fully charging a new battery is, again, Manufacturer's Instructions (howsoever described) for every battery maker I have ever used.

More to the point, they are entirely consistent with CASA compliance and enforcement action, and penalties imposed, of which I am all too aware, in at least three states.

And before you make any silly comments, the enforcement actions were not against me, or any company or aircraft in which I might have or had an interest.

Indeed, what "jacking" meant was a specific question raised by on audience member, the CASA presenter did not agree with your version of "the law". As to the CASA version of the rest of the matter of tyres and tubes, don't start me.

That this has not been your personal experience or within your level of knowledge is of no relevance to the facts.

How after an accident in Victoria a jugde (sic) said that the issue of an m/r means nothing will go wrong with the aircraft
Read Schedule 5 in its entirety.

Re. the Maintenance Release, proper handling and completion of the MR is a different issue, and applies regardless of which class of person is responsible and signing for return to service.

Tootle pip!!