PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition for Vortex Ring
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 21:29
fijdor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question still stands, has anybody see a useful side of VRS?

To Thomas Coupling, I do not know your experience and what you have done in your career and you don't know nothing about mine. Now to answer your comments in the order they have been written, you don't see any useful side of stall and spins, let me tell you this, there is a usefull side to spin and not to long ago it was used on a day to day basis and SAVED a lot of lives. Ask around. You are simply not aware of it.

You say that I probably never experience VRS in my 8000hrs of VertRef, not to sure what you base your info on? But HeliDuck seems to think otherwise for a vertref pilot and he is not the only one.

Always avoidable you are wrong on that one, it shows that you have never done any longline worth talking about and never work in Mountains or at altitude worth talking about.

I said there was a lot of knowledgeable people on this site and I meant it but I never said they were "All knowing beings"

On the subject of VRS, I have found the condition to be very useful on certain occasion and altitude. You see you can get a tremendous rate of descent (if you don't mind the rock&roll ride on the way down) also you get a STEADY rotor RPM all that time, no overspeed, quite handy at High altitude.

Understand there is no malice or intention of it in my writings.
Also understand that everybody has his own experience and done all sort of different things in this industry.

Question still stands, anybody else that have used that condition on purpose to attained a desired result?