PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 20:38
Albert Hall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone else is flying BA regularly, but there is a definite trend developing of people (generally females travelling alone in business attire, if I am to run the risk of being perceived as judgmental) with bulging wheelie bags getting on very late in the boarding process, standing in the aisle and generally effecting a helpless look mid-cabin in the hope that the crew will assist to magic their bag into a stowage.

For those who travel relatively light and board early, it is hugely irritating, not least when the crew try to remove your bag out of the overhead locker and ask you to impede your space given the significantly reduced legroom on the A319s and A320s nowadays.

If left to me, I'd be opening the rear service door and wheeling the bags straight out onto the apron below, having checked that I wasn't going to take out a rampie by doing so.

The new BA boarding process will be a total mess, and I say that from pretty extensive experience as a customer. BA's only hope is to count the wheelie bags as Ryanair and easyJet do, and once you have passed the magic number, wheelie bags 98 (or whatever) onwards get checked into the hold at the gate. It works, it incentivises people to get to the gate early, it doesn't terminally p**s off those travelling with light hand baggage and I never see hand baggage dramas of the like witnessed on BA on flights with Ryanair or easyJet.