PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Export to FAA
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 17:34
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Keepitup,

This will be a throwback I think to protect the US arm of AH to stop/prohibit slight differences in the way the aircraft was originally sold in the U.S.

i.e. to stop EU sourced machines ending up in the U.S. There was also a can of worms back in the day with Alouette 3's or 2's that the FAA and AH would rather not repeat.

Export of a UK registered EASA aircraft to the United States of America, Canada or Brazil
Your aircraft needs to comply with the requirements of the importing authority.
The FAA TCDS has a statement at the bottom -

The French Direction Generale de l’Aviation Civile (DGAC) originally type certificated this rotorcraft under
its type certificate TC 168. The FAA validated this product under U.S. Type Certificate Number H11EU.
DATA PERTINENT TO ALL MODELS.
Serial Numbers Eligible.

The French Government "Certificat de Navigabilite pour Exportation"endorsed as noted below under "Import Requirements" must be submitted for
each individual aircraft for which application for FAA certification is made.

Import Requirements.

The FAA can issue a U.S. airworthiness certificate based on a National Aviation Authority (NAA) Export Certificate of Airworthiness (Export C of A) signed by
a representative of the French Generale de l’Aviation Civile (DGAC) on behalf of the European Community.The Export C of A should contain the following statement:
“The aircraft covered by this certificate has been examined, tested, and found to comply with the type design approved under U.S. Type Certificate Number H11EU
and to be in a condition for safe operation.”
I think you need to be talking to the DGAC as it is the original country of manufacture and they can issue an Export C of A.

See DGAC - OSAC - start here.