PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Classic- A/T de-select speed
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 17:10
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is I've done them all in the sim; I've done it, 2 eng GA, on the line because the circumstances warranted it. The look on the F/O's face was magic. Afterwards he asked, "are we allowed to do that?" Answer, "what did you think about? It worked didn't it? Was it a good idea or not" I'm not an advocate of transferring command to the automatics; absolutely not; (control is not the same as command), but, when it is better to do so and 'manage' the scenario with a clear head then for me it is a tool. To be prohibited to use it when it is available, either by an SOP or a 'not recommended' is the discussion i want to have. I was taught to control the a/c via tactile dexterity or automatics. Taught and well practiced being the operative words. Being forbidden to do what I choose to be the best option, and is technically possible, is a retrograde step. I think we've been here before, many times. Perhaps I should retire quietly & gracefully, but having to teach, or in fact not teach, cadets on the TR courses is becoming more depressing by the session. The S.S S & S calls, loudly, I feel.