PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you find a Hong Kong flat for under HK$10,000 a month that’s not in the middle of
Old 20th Nov 2017, 08:36
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 156 Likes on 50 Posts
Guys..can I just drop in here. After 38 years in aviation..(having started flying at 16)...I had had enough. I was in with a certain airline in the Sandpit..and things there were getting worse at every turn.

I decided..enough was enough...I had been an expat for 25 years..and made the decision to go home and walk away from aviation for good. ( Disclaimer..I could afford not to work).

7 months ago I applied for a job, that I never expected to get ( not aviation related)...to my surprise I was offered a position and started my course in July.

Can I tell you, Im having a blast! I work for a company that really cares about it's employees...on my first day on the job..so many people said to me...you are going to love it here..we all love this place.

The Instructor who ran the classroom part of our course is 73..he as worked here since was 22...and he says "my wife wants me to retire..but why would I..I love this place"...

My point is..there is a life after flying...stay safe out there and enjoy life!!!