PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 07:25
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I do miss Sir Joh

Back in the day, the Nats er Country Party actually did some good in Queensland with the then fledgling coal industry. Did you know? in 1971, Just out of the Goonyella-Hay Pt line, Queensland made $30,000,000.00pa in royalties in 1970s dollars out of transporting coal... on that one line! Back in the day, FIFO was BANNED!...until the advent of FBT. Remember, all this infrastructure was paid for by the mining companies themselves. On that point alone, Adani is suspect. Gina would build in a heartbeat and she is, without government handout. The showpony of Qld is wayyy out of her depth. It isn't an environment issue it is an infrastructure issue and if the mines want it they must pay for it...and if the showpony Palla-CHOOK was any good she would be like Sir Joh...but she isn't....the mines would pay and then pay for the Qld government to run it and charge freight on every last kilogram.

It appears to me, we have children arguing about how to solve the world's problems...because, as children, they do not realise...there are no problems!

Do not get me wrong on this issue of "climate change" the climate changes all the time.