PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kallita ——— how many hours per month?
Old 20th Nov 2017, 06:29
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dallas11
Can some answer the following questions :

I see that the guarantee is 60 hrs per month.
How many hours do you fly in a month typically ...... 50,70?

Is you schedule based on calander months ( 12 in a year) or four week blocks (13 blocks per year 13 x 4 = 52)?

How many days in a block do you normally get per month?

Thank you for your help in advance.
I don't know, but I'd speculate that they have a 4 week bid period. Reason being is Airline Pilot Central lists their "monthly" guarantee as 64 hours, which is lind of an oddball number. However if you take a 60 hour guarantee for a 4 week bid period and and figure what that would be equivalent to for an average 30 day calendar month, you get 64 hours. But again, I'm speculating. Could be completely wrong about that.

If you're interested in estimating what you'd get paid, a better question might be how many hours do you typically get paid per month (or bid period) vs how many you fly. A lot of places have things like trip rigs and duty rigs which add pay hours to your check over guarantee or hours flown. My airline is an extreme example, because we have some pretty unusual pay policies, and don't typically fly a lot of hours a month. My pay hours usually have very little to do with how much I actually flew.