PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Bio-fuel Flight
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2017, 22:09
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Well I think we should probably all care. To think that the push to reduce carbon emissions that is effecting nearly every other industry in the world will just skip over air transport is naive. At some point in its future aviation will need to find a carbon neutral fuel source and it will need to be mass produced and economic.

Sure this flight is neither the first, nor is it the biggest contract for bio-fuel but every step toward a carbon neutral aviation fuel is a good thing for the future of our industry and hence our jobs.
Beer Baron, if yer believe the greeny global warming hysteria then bio-fuels are not the answer...
"...Statements about biofuels being carbon neutral should be taken with a grain of salt. This is according to researchers at the University of Michigan Energy Institute...
...America’s biofuel use to date has in fact led to a net increase in carbon dioxide emissions, says lead author John DeCicco in Springer’s journal Climatic Change..."

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/08/...than-gasoline/

Back in the day when i were a card carrying member of the Wilderness Society, doing Permaculture courses in northern NSW and wind power courses at TAFE, I made a fairly substantial investment in a now defunct bio-fuel company that had a small refinery on the north side of Brisbane. Imagine my extreme embarrassment when i discovered one of the bio-fuel company's directors had declared his farm to be an independent country when the banks tried to take it away from him..

So I'm wondering, when this latest bio-fuel scam falls over will the Qantas directors declare Qantas a company independent of Oz law and fly all the aircraft to Saudi Arabia..