PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2017, 21:52
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chuboy
I don't see the benefit. The mine is in out the back of nowhere. The facilities will not be of use to anyone except the operator of the mine. Whether you think so or not, it is more likely than not that coal will be phased out as a fuel over the lifespan of a coal mine. This adds a significant amount of RISK to the loan as there is no longer a rock solid guarantee that Adani will ever pay it back.

There are institutions dedicated to providing funds for these kinds of projects, they are called banks, and for reasons you have remained silent on, they aren't touching the Adani project with a 10-foot barge pole. If there is money to be made loaning money for this project why isn't the private sector getting in on this?

The government's job is not to provide money to foreign megacorporations who are unable to secure funding from the private sector. If this were for any other project than a coal mine you would be screeching from high heaven.
"I don't see the benefit. The mine is in out the back of nowhere..."

You obviously didn't do the commercial pilot 'rites of passage' flying pistons "out the back of nowhere" or yer would have noted that much of Australia's export income comes from farms and mines located well away from your suburban cafe..

"...There are institutions dedicated to providing funds for these kinds of projects, they are called banks, and for reasons you have remained silent on,..."

chuboy, I have made many posts referencing exactly this issue. As with any greeny your knowledge of the subject is limited.

"...coal will be phased out as a fuel over the lifespan of a coal mine..."

India and China deal in the reality of their peoples poverty not your greeny fantasys. That's why they are building large new coal fired power stations and why the world will need even more coal mines.

And just for a laugh...

"China will use solar power to melt the permafrost in Nagqu, a near-polar climate in Tibet, so that trees can grow in the region..."

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2017111...forests-tibet/

Last edited by Flying Binghi; 19th Nov 2017 at 22:54.