PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near Mt Gambier
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2017, 04:07
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Can one direct me to the differences for getting an IF ratting for PVT/CPL and RPT operations - I was of the understanding they are the same.

Many maintenance orgs carry out maintenance on a private C152 to say RPT B200 aircraft.

The maintenance of these aircraft are both carried out I.A.W the AMO's procedures manual - I have yet to come across an EPM that has different levels for PVT, CPL & RPT ops within the same company. If we have a B200 in private cat and RPT cat, there would be very little difference in the maintenance required.

Even when we talk CAR 30 v 145 there is very little difference in the actual maintenance done on the aircraft or how it is done on the aircraft. one AMO said other than some name changes there was little difference between the CAR 30 & 145 approvals, with the main being the tool storage requirement.

However when it came to the office side of things extra staff were required for compliance. Something that brings light to this is years ago you would order 100 self tappers and get them in a little bag with QTY, P/N & GRN - the last time I ordered 100 self tappers they all came in individual bags with their own GRN printed label as from the manufacture. Now that created 100 line entries to put in our store, 100 copies of the GRN document - then 100 entries on parts book out sheet (if I follow the EPM instructions) and 100 entries of P/N and GRN in log book. Not one of these extra entries makes the aircraft any safer but you might be fatigued when it comes time to screw them in.

I am also seeing cheat sheets for much of the compliance items in a effort to save time in 145 AMO's - never a good thing. While numerous audits are being carried out by many other than CAsA, they are missing what I think are some pretty serious and basic issues because they all have only looked at the paper product and not the product itself.