PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie fire contracts
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2003, 07:59
Autorotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynamic Component - Here is an edited version of an email sent to one of the head honchos at AFAC. Needless to say they are continuing with their SOP, and ignoring everyone.

--------------

I have sat back and watched the efforts of AFAC regarding the recent RFP for the upcoming fire season and have to say that never have I seen such a display of arrogance by a quasi Federal agency. I have not said anything until now, however the recent email sent from AFAC, saying that "if we havent contacted you, you havent won the contract" is the most arrogant attitude I have ever seen, and I have now decided that we are going to do an indepth article at the way you have handled this RFP.

It was AFAC that demanded operators, including many from overseas, submit completed proposals for the upcoming fire season, in a totally unrealistic time frame. Now, after those deadlines have come and gone, and gone, and gone, a lot of operators cant even get anyone at AFAC to return their telephone calls. I know for a fact that my own Australian Editor has been ignored when asking for comment.

You owe it to the operators who spent a lot of time and effort working on their proposals, a decent explanation as to why they weren't successful, if that was indeed the case.

You owe it to the industry to keep them up to date on what's going on. If you are having trouble getting the funding, then have the decency to explain it to those that deserve to have it explained.

I will tell you, catergorically, that the reputation AFAC has generated for itself leaves a heck of a lot to be desired, if the feedback I am getting from operators, both in and out of Australia, is anything to go by. You told me on the phone you are trying to make AFAC the Australian version of the NIFC in the United States. Well there is a big difference, they have the support of the industry, and unless you do some serious damage control immediately I would not like your chances of getting the industry's support come next fire season.

Anwyay the choice is yours, but we will be having a serious look at the way this has been handled and the arrogance shown by AFAC to operators, media and other interested parties.
----------