PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leuchars Airshow
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2003, 07:45
Stuff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DB6 - subject of that sentence was the static display, hence "no jag" refers to no jag on static which was perfectly true.

OWC - "The Mighty Hunter" is the Nimrod.

I also note there was no Hawk static (save for the rather unconvincing plastic mock up), no sea king (although they were probably all working at the time). Nothing I saw from the RAF Regt. I remember one year they had a rapier system set up and tracked the flying displays with it. - It had almost as many people watching it as the display

I also miss Alan Wade's Firefly display but I guess that's gone along with JEFTS.

No flying Lynx or Merlin and no J model to be seen and that's only covering the UK assets never mind the decline in foreign attendees.

On the plus side, food was actually quite reasonably priced (RIAT take note!), the ticket and car parking prices were ok (RIAT take note!) and the traffic management was spot on considering the limited number of roads around the base and finally the OP Telic hangar was great.

I may sound quite negative but I really enjoyed the day, the point I guess I'm trying to make is that it's been bigger and better in the past but that's defence cutbacks for you