PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 11:19
Romasik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flaperon777
Romasik. Just a quick question.
Are you PERSONALLY aware of anyone who has been offered or who has signed the shortened contract or two year contract? Or is it simply rumours that you are quoting. Just curious.
Absolutely! One of my friends was just offered this 40.000 SAR basic salary one year contract. He is over 60 Gregorian thought. It may not apply to younger pilots. Not sure.
More then that, there are actually about 60 of them! Looks like different age groups, as it would be too much to have that big number of seniors only. I saw the list with their names in HR, when I went there to ask about my personal future. They didn’t even understand what I was talking about, as they were obviously overwhelmed with their current problem with these 60 guys.
The biggest issue at the moment is the end of the service money, which is based on the last basic salary. It was advised by the highest Fl Ops mangement not sign this new contract until they sort out how to pay the final exit bonus.
And just today I heard that two expat captains in their forties were not offered the new contract. This may be some personal issues, I guess, but it’s happening now and here. This job is not secure any more.

Last edited by Romasik; 18th Nov 2017 at 11:35. Reason: Additional information