PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midair Collision Near Waddesdon
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 07:27
XV666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see the Daily Mail is quoting from posts on this thread: be aware!

One pilot said it was easy to be distracted by the estate.
Writing on an internet flying forum, the 36-year-old added: 'I've been guilty of paying too much attention to pointing passengers to the Rothschild palace and not enough to a lookout.'
Plus an interview with PACO:

None of the victims had been named last night, but the dead helicopter pilot's friend and former colleague Captain Phil Croucher said: 'He was probably the most respected instructor in the country.
'He achieved a very high position in the Army. If you wanted a training instructor there's no one more highly qualified.
'Almost everybody in the country has been instructed by him – most instructors have been trained by him. Everybody in the industry looked up to him.'
He was said to have been training a foreign flying student on a beginners' course when the helicopter crashed.
Captain Croucher, 65, of Ayrshire, said the pilot, who worked for Helicopter Services flying school near Aylesbury, was in his sixties and had a partner and family,
He added: 'I was shocked and surprised to hear what had happened. He was a real gentleman. Of course it is an industry where this does happen. We don't stop, we just get on and do the job, he wouldn't have wanted me to stop flying.'
Flight data shows a two-seater helicopter was flying at 1,025ft in the area at the time, but suddenly went off radar shortly after 12 noon. It had only been in the air for 15 minutes.