PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New NAIPS forecast format
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 05:31
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on Jonkster.

The AF I think should be first, followed by the TAFS then NOTAMs (like it used to be).
Also there should be priority in the NOTAM information as well. Once long ago when there was no mobile service except in big cities I stood in a trashed phone box at YBRL and wrote down the longest NOTAM for Tindal I'd ever heard. The Air Services guy and I were both sick of it but eventually I had my page of information.

When we arrived at Tindal it was closed for runway resurfacing. After a WTF or 2 we landed at a nearby disused WW2 strip (Manbulloo) and got a taxi to pick us up.

I contacted AS and they listened to the recording of my call.There was no mention of closure. They then checked their NOTAM. Sure enough there , stone motherless last, was the missed line saying Tindal closed.

I in no way blame the AS guy who read out the ridiculously long NOTAM.

My question was why the hell they would put the most critical information last. It still applies today. If the place is closed the rest of the informatio is useless.

As Jonkster indicates if the weather is crap and the flight is called off you don't need the rest. It's a waste of good search time for that elusive bad Red Pinky mentions.