PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of 100 hourly's
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 05:03
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no torque stipulated for the valve cap.
Wrong answer, several CASA AWIs of my acquaintance would be calling you in for a very unfriendly chat. They just love making people's lives miserable with this kind of picking of nits.

On the tubes I use, the answer is 10 inch/pounds. And yes, I do have a 1/4 drive suitable device.

I am not prepared to publicly discuss how often it has ever been used, but the "official answer" is: "Whenever required by the Civil Aviation Act 1988, the CARs, the CASRs, the CAOs, MOS, ADs and Manufacturer's Instructions for Continuing Airworthiness for the part or component.

Bend alot,
The current calibration certificate should be "affixed" (don't you love that word affixed) to the torque device and must be legible, and the paper receipt from the CASA approved certifier must be held on file ---- more or less the quote from our local mob.

That is why most of us have two, the one we actually use, and the pristine pretty one for the audit.

In fact, a good mate of mine has been calibrating torque devices for years.
For the sort of stuff we use, he supplies a metallic self adhesive label (like a bit of speedtape) with the expiry date and ref. number stamped into the label, and the necessary CASA approved "return to service" paper document.

And where would you use a crows foot instead of a socket (including a cutout socket) but if you do, make the appropriate calculation to set the torque wrench, to account for the difference/distance between the center-line of the stud and the "square" hole. In other words, just as you do torquing prop. bolts. You do use a proper tool with a known extension lever dimension, when fitting props, of course?? Don't you??

Tootle Pip!!