PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New NAIPS forecast format
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 01:50
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinky the pilot
Agree with the comment about the fuzzy pages as well. They look like they were done on an old gestetner (sp?) copier.
what you can do, on the area forecast request page, click the 'chart variant' drop down box and select 'high res'. You will get better and easier to read charts (in colour and you can click on them to get a larger view of them too).

I actually like the new GAF format. OK... not so much the wind bit but I like in the AF the way different weather regions are clearly and more unambiguously demarcated.

I would suggest they change the order things appear though - in the new system you request an area briefing and first get all the TAFs, then all the NOTAMS and finally at the bottom the Area Forecast.

The AF I think should be first, followed by the TAFS then NOTAMs (like it used to be).

That aligns more with how I think most people plan and make decisions - get an overview of the flight conditions, then look at specific location weather details, then consider any pertinent operational matters rather than how it is now with the area forecast at the very end after all the NOTAMs.