PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident @ Orlando flight Training
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2003, 05:07
the_ridders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzzc - Hi its Dave here.

Yes, I was faced with a tough choice, ahead, houses, trees, some roads with cars on them. I checked the roads some time afterwards actually, they have telegraph poles carrying mains power over the roads, poles down the sides too. There were quite a few people in cars, it was just gone 9.00am.

I know never to turn back to the same runway - I knew the procedure, It all happend soooo fast, I didnt even get a chance to get a call out to tower..

Ive done over 40 hrs passenger in C150 (we counted before I left for the US) and I know whats written, but the options were limited, as far as I could see at the time I saw a clearing and headed for it.

Needless to say I got an expensive chopper ride and hospital bill for the checkout. (2KGBP). And I couldnt see out of the window on the chopper either!

Some bruses, but Im fine. I reckon my luck was well and truly in that morning. And - yep Im continuing. Im not going to be an ATPL or nothing, just pleasure flights in the 150 I have a share in, if all goes well with the PPL.

Stay safe everyone... the guys Im learning with here reckon I should take up tree collecting as a new hobby.

edited - forgot to mention, sorry about knackering your fave plane, it really was a nice one that flew nice that was for sure

Last edited by the_ridders; 22nd Sep 2003 at 02:07.