PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of buying a share
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2017, 15:59
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scifi
Hi, are you flying from Manchester International. ! You seem to be paying for a lot of things that most clubs give members for free... Landing Fees, Circuit Fees, T+G Fees ?
I like to fly typically 1.5 hours to a distant airfield, Cup of Tea and Cake, then return via a scenic route, and if there is time do 3 or 4 different circuits to round off the day.
Maybe you should join a club out in the country, where things could work out a lot cheaper, apart from the 30 mile car journey.
You should also be aiming to do the PPL in 45.0 hours, not a minute more not a minute less, or you may not be suited to fly commercially.

I’m not learning at Manchester International no, however I am learning within the Greater Manchester area. I intend to do similar flights to yourself when the hour building commences next year. I like the idea of flying in the country however additional travel costs could rule out any benefits.
I am aiming to do the PPL in 45hrs or as feasibly close too as possible however a few additional hours can’t be helped when extraneous variables such as weather are taken into account. (No sticking points so far) I’m curious as to why you view anything over 45hrs potentially unsuitable for commercial ? I’d conpletely agree if it was taking an individual 90hrs or more to perhaps reconsider the ‘dream’ however so few hours over the minimum I’m curious to hear your views.

B