PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Wizz Air Cadet Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2017, 13:14
RawData17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The main difference I noticed between the BAA program and the WIZZ AIR pilot academy is that after you pass the interview for the WIZZ AIR pilot academy and start your training (which is at this point self sponsored) you will have another assessment 5 months into training. If you are successful on this assessment you are then entering so called "pre financed" phase of the training, if you fail, I assume WIZZ AIR will not take you, which means you wasted money (in a way).

Regarding some experiences with the BAA Training....
Overall it is a good school. Of course like everywhere there are some hiccups along the way, but in all honesty I think it is a good school.

-The instructors are very good! I really mean it! All the instructors my group had were experienced (worked for Emirates FT, Lufthansa FT, Antonov, Korean Air FT...) seemed to enjoy what they were doing and therefore didn't mind 1000 of questions. They even went out of their way to bring the matter closer to us and explain certain topics which were not properly covered by the training materials. Yes there have been some cases (not with my class) where some of the instructors had a language difficulties, however those instructors have been changed the day after.

Generally, BAA staff is very nice.

-Unfortunately last flying season wasn't so good for the students because some of them weren't able to fly the predicted amount of FH due to the weather and fleet conditions. The BAA is in the process of opening additional training location in the southern Europe where students will be able to fly during winter.

The schedules are somewhat difficult where some groups start as early as 7AM and some groups finish at 10PM. This may impose a difficulty regarding studying at home, however it is not so bad.

I have heard from some students (non EU citizens) that the process of obtaining visa and living permit is difficult and lack's good support, however I cannot vouch about this information as I do not require one.

The school just purchased 3 new FFS, two to be located at BAA HQ in Vilnius and one in Asia.

I think that all those guys saying that BAA doesn't offer a proper education really have no information whatsoever, or were probably rejected by the BAA.

Regarding the transparency within the cadet programs....
I don't understand why you are bothered by this. It's like when it comes to the direct entry pilot assessment. You are evaluated and then if you don't pass no one will tell you why. It is the same case here. If you don't pass, you either weren't good enough for the school or the company, or maybe you don't fit the company profile. In this case you can apply for a cadet program with another company. You have to understand that even if your scores are amazing, the company has a right to reject you for the most stupid reason, or for simply not liking you. Therefore it doesn't matter if you scored good or bad on your COMPASS test. The company will do whatever it wants. The sooner you accept this, easier it will be for you!

Don't give up, if you passed the compass test and the school has accepted you, it means that you have qualities to become a good pilot. Just because one company doesn't think that you don't fit their profile isn't a reason for you to give up. In fact, why would you even want to work for someone who thinks you are not right for them. Instead don't give up and check other cadet programs in BAA or in any other flight school.

BAA has recently increased it's price (about 8-10 K EUR). Still, I think that for this price you will come out as a winner if you consider you are in a cadet program.