PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New NAIPS forecast format
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2017, 04:44
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night I had a look at the new wind and weather format. It nearly drove me crazy with it's full page of fuzzy print and numbers looking like a piece of the Enigma Code. The lack of place names makes it difficult and many of the place names (where there were any) were partially covered with other information which made it even harder, except in areas I frequently use. What to do?

Act like the Bletchley Park code breakers. Think outside the box. Print all the gobbledook to keep yourself legal. Wrap your lunch in it or something. Then get Oz Runways, put in your track and then overlay the wind graphics. Beautiful. Quick and very easy to see what winds are doing at various heights and times relative to your track.

Oz Runways graphics are what I thought Air Services were going to give us. Ah well life is full of disappointments.

I also thought they would give similar graphics linked to track, time and altitude for controlled and restricted airspace so I could say 'Operation Pitch Black' do your worst.

Perhaps my kids will enjoy such advances but by the time they want to fly GA will be gone.