PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-15's Attempt to Intercept Mystery Aircraft Over Oregon
Old 17th Nov 2017, 01:24
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gums
My fellow guys from the 80's talk about being "de-briefed" after seeing an unusual plane north of Nellis in late 70's. Ditto for other folks I flew with an emergency and saw a long runway in the desert and chose not to bail but land/glide. At Red Flag we were always briefed that if we had a serious emergency that would not get us back to Nellis or Tonopah, and we saw this nice runway, then land there!!! Work out the details later.
Yep, that 'I wuz at Red Flag and went to a part of the range that I wasn't supposed to know about' story has many variants. In the late '80's I heard a version from an EC-130 driver, a few years later it was an RF-4 front seater that told the tale. And, over the years I've worked with a couple of folks that really did have business to conduct in Area 51, they don't talk about it as much.

Anyway, we need to maintain COMSEC here, the media is already on the trail of the supersecret Dreamland connection to the incident:

DISAPPEARING ACT US Air Force scrambled to mystery ‘ghost plane’ circling skies near Area 51

On October 25, the aircraft was seen flying among the airliners along the US's heavily trafficked air corridor above Oregon.

By Jamie Seidel for news.com.au
16th November 2017, 4:47 pm Updated: 16th November 2017, 5:43 pm

Oregon is adjacent to Nevada, the well-known home of the United States Air Force’s secret aircraft testing facility at Groom Lake (otherwise dubbed Area 51).
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/492985...-near-area-51/

WAS IT ALIENS? Shock as US Air Force scrambled to mystery UFO in skies near Area 51

US Air Force jets were scrambled to investigate a strange UFO detected in the skies near a military base before the aircraft mysteriously vanished.

By Jon Austin
PUBLISHED: 14:27, Thu, Nov 16, 2017 | UPDATED: 17:46, Thu, Nov 16, 2017
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...stery-aircraft