PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cui Bono? fuel ordering and KPI?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2017, 19:57
73qanda

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
If my boss gets extra $$$ because the airline has saved 1000 times $$$ then why do I care?
I'd agree with that sentiment Keg if I knew that the ratio you used was accurate but I am not convinced it is. I'm proactive at determining efficient levels ( CFP is usually pretty good now days) , I use single engine taxi when appropriate and push for ground power so I can get the APU off but.... nobody has told me what the savings are regarding discretionary fuel uplifts and I suspect they are quite minor in the scheme of things.
Eg, if every QF jet flight carried CFP min fuel for the next 12 months, how much extra burn would we save? After we have that figure, subtract the cost of the app development, the cost of the man-hours spent assessing and pushing fuel efficiency,the cost of diverts that wouldn't have happened, and the cost of the KPI's themselves, and what figure are we left with? Now that we have that figure, how does it compare with 50% of the CEO's salary?
My gut feeling is that the whole discretionary fuel push is cost neutral or worse but I don't know and neither does any other pilot.
I'd be pretty impressed if you'd have a crack at putting a figure on these things.
Cheers