PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2017, 18:02
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G-KEST
Well Sam I was impressed by her talk at the Cambridge Aero Club a few weeks ago and I am going to the RAeS tomorrow, Thursday 16th November to listen to three female pilots including Tracey speak on 'Women in Aviation' organised by the Air League.
Her talk at Cambridge was by an woman with a real passion for aviation and especially vintage biplanes. She made no mention whatsoever of being solo on her flights ok:
Why would she Barry?

Did you ask her why Ewald had to be up front across Africa and to Australia?

What did he do for women in aviation apart from have to babysit her on all those "solo" flights.

I quote you..

a woman with a real passion for aviation and especially vintage biplanes. She made no mention whatsoever of being solo on her flights ok:
By that I take you mean sponsored high end biplanes like the Spirit of Artemis with hotels to match?

With the servant in the front seat who dodged the cameras?

The job is done and despite being a co pilot she convinced the world she was "emulating/commerating Amy Johnson and Lady Mary Heath's solo flights.

The problem is they flew alone/solo/on their own.

I am sure all the old duffers in the various aviation organisations will pile on more accolades to Tracey.

The bottom line is she would never have got the publicity but for the fake news stories en route which will come back to haunt her.

For me Ewald was the star in building a wonderful Stearman, flew all the legs and got our fake solo 'Aviatrix' to Sydney then disappeared.

On a final note despite the big publicity Carol Vorderman has yet to fly around the world.

Bring on Colin Hales ������

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 16th Nov 2017 at 18:15.