PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cui Bono? fuel ordering and KPI?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2017, 12:03
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated De

Pilots at this 'large carrier domiciled in Australia' get an 'app' on their company tablet to compare company offered fuel and whether or not their order and subsequent burn is 'competitive'
I'd call that a gross mis representation of the app and the info it provides. Competitive? Really? Hyperbole at its best.

Originally Posted by Rated De
... do Captains/FO consider it a conflict for a pilot manager to push for continued fuel order reductions, increased single engine taxi and APU usage, when financial inducements may flow to the management pilots pushing this agenda?
If my boss gets extra $$$ because the airline has saved 1000 times $$$ then why do I care? I want my company to be successful and if we can find ways to save gas then why not. I carry the fuel I reckon I'll need. If I can save some through track shortening, efficient altitude selection, shutting down an engine on taxi in where appropriate and shutting down the APU after arrival where appropriate then what's the problem?

The app is a pretty good tool. It provides info that helps me to assess past decision making processes. Kept in the right perspective it's pretty useful.

Used for purposes other than intended though and it could become a problem. People driving agendas either way is just one example.