PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 15th Nov 2017, 19:41
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveReidUK

If I Go to the Isle of Man or the Northwest 200 to watch motorcycle road racing I stand by the side of a closed public road to see very fast motorcycles raced and presumably as a participant in this event I As an adult know the risks of attending and don’t expect compensation if an accident should occur.

Those who decided to stand by a public road outside the protected public area decided to take that informed risk and as adults they are responsible for the consequences of those risks.

Those who simply traveled along that road as part of their day to day life unconnected with the airshow had not made ( and could not be in a position to ) make the decision to take that risk. Therefore these people should get the full amount of compensation due.

Those who decided to put themselfs at additional risk compared to those in the airshow protected areas should not expect the level of compensation due to those who did not opt to take that risk .