PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of buying a share
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2017, 16:40
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maoraigh1
I pay £60 per hour wet in a Group Jodel Dr1050. Landing fees are extra. £95 wet, including landings, looks good IF availability allows you to make the monthly cover enough hours.
Have you considered leasing for your hours build?
(My plane has been U/S since January, and we'll be lucky to fly this year. Not a disaster for me, a shareholder since January 1990.)
Thanks for the reply , So after glancing over the actual costs at my flying school I'd be looking at the following, note - the equity scheme works out worthwhile only when flying 2hrs or more a month which I intend and hopefully will be able to do so.

2 seat:
£142 per/hr
£10-£13 Landing fee
£4 per Touch & go

I haven't added circuit fees into the equation but they're a few pounds.

4 seat:
£167 per/hr
£14-£16 Landing fee
£5 Touch & go

Now taking the group equity scheme into consideration the figures work out as the following:

Standing Order:
£70 Monthly (2 seat)
Or
£110 monthly (All A/C)

Hourly Rates:
£82 - 150/152 like I'm learning in
£104 - 172 (4 seater)

Landing fees and touch and go remain the same. Meaning £95 hourly plus the standing order of £70 as I'm intending on keeping the costs down.

Basing my estimates on the fact that I'll pass my PPL in (hopefully) 50-55hrs (current estimation from my instructor) and including the 5hr Night Rating I'll need 85/90hrs at a rough cost of £8,075 - £8550 in a 2 seat A/C incl landing fees plus the monthly standing order of £70 x around 16. Flying 4-8 hours in round figures a month but maybe more or less depending on routes and so on. I plan to coincide my hour building with my ATPLs but get a head start on the hours so I'm not doing too much all in one but rather a gradual progression. Hoping to complete my PPL by summer then start hour building fairly soon after that before commencing ATPLS in November 18/Jan 19.

I guess the real question is just how much cheaper would a share be IF they're would be anyone willing to take in a new hour builder and also the availability of said A/C on both fronts.